We are a church committed to a vision of social justice and care for the poor.
We want to truly serve our neighbor and, as God commands the Israelites, seek the good of the city we inhabit (Jeremiah 29:7). We do that as individuals in our congregation and as a church body. A recent survey measured our congregational giving over 500 hours per week in service to our community. Here is a glimpse into just a part of how we engage our local community:
For more information and other opportunities contact Pastor Doug at 965-1338 x224 or email@example.com.
Although we serve in places all over Santa Barbara, our church is situated, specifically, on the Mesa of Santa Barbara. Our ministry, Cliff Drive Care Center, is especially designed to serve the most pressing needs of our nearest neighbors: the individuals, children, and families who are closest to us. Here is a short video describing the Mesa here.
JOLT (Justice/Outreach Leadership Team)
1) Faithful participation at the meetings for the Leadership Team and acting to fulfill the purpose.
2) Be a “point person” for a local justice/outreach ministry. This will include:
- praying regularly for yourself, the “missionary” you represent and the ministry.
- keeping the congregation informed on ministry activity and needs.
- bringing special needs to the attention of the Justice/Outreach Leadership Team.
3) Follow-through on outside tasks as needed.
Our purpose: To promote justice/outreach (local missions) opportunities to the people of our congregation through presentation, giving, caring for “missionaries/projects” and serving.
Our present missionaries/projects:
- Cliff Drive Care Center (CDCC)
- Westside Collaborative
- Set Free Movement
- Unity Shoppe
- Uffizi Order
- Lights On
- Jail Ministry
- Santa Barbara Rescue Mission
- Habitat for Humanity
- Loads of Love
- Transition House
- Common Ground
- Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD)
- Resiliency Interventions for Sexual Exploitation (RISE)
For more information and to get involved contact Pastor Doug at 965-1338 x224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.